I can spend a whole day just reading articles, blog posts and answers on Quora. There are so many topics to read about. I often catch myself bouncing between different topics and I keep telling myself that this is just so not productive. At the end of my reading sprint I just don’t know what I read about. It is like eating a buffet and trying to cramp every thing on your dish. You did consume the food but you feel like shit.
However, I recently have starting reading and doing things in context of my current project(s). For example, during the Brightpod launch I would filter out all information that were NOT related to:
- how a launch should be done
- successful and failed product launches
- what to expect from a launch
- how to get in touch with bloggers
- getting things ready for the launch
- should you send a press release?
Since we have launched my current project is to work with my marketing manager to bring in relevant traffic and manage the conversion funnel. For this I would filter out all information that is NOT related to:
- Online marketing channels
- b2b SaaS conversion metrics
- How to increase traffic and growth
- Building the right landing page
Get the point? Working in context helps me focus. I have also found that I easily digest a piece of content that is in context with what I am doing - maybe, because I am thinking about it and my mind is already on a similar wavelength.