Some people think the iPhone5 was a let down. Really? What did you expect? A completed different phone? Did you expect a design overhaul? Apple was careful not to modify the original design and you are a true Apple fan you already understand their “quest for perfection”. Read this article from Business Insider NOW: Why The iPhone 5 Looks Basically The Same As The Old One, And That’s Brilliant.
Once you understand why Apple will not redesign the phone here are some amazing additions to the iPhone5 (source - GigaOm). At the end, ask yourself again if the iPhone5 was a let down.
- Integrated the touch sensors into the display. Made the iPhone5 18% thinner and 20% lighter than the iPhone 4S.
- A 4-inch 1136 x 640 display in a 16:9 aspect ratio.
- All aluminum and glass handset brings support for faster LTE mobile broadband.
- Apple redesigned a new A6 chip, claiming twice the speed and performance of its A5 silicon. A 22 percent smaller chip in the A6 boasting 2x performance all around.
- LTE support up to 100 Mbps.
- Up to 150 Mbps Wi-Fi with 2.4 and 5 GHz support for 802.11n networks.
- Improved battery life over the iPhone 4S: 10 hours of Wi-Fi browsing; 8 hours on LTE.
- A thinner 8 megapixel camera sensor with f/2.4 lens and improved image signal processing in the A6 for faster pics and improved low-light performance.
- New panorama mode for wide images.
- A 1080p FaceTime camera and video calling over cellular networks.
- Wideband audio for richer voice conversations.
- An 8-pin dock connector called Lightning — there will be a 30-pin adapter for accessories.
The real kicker is the iOS 6.
The iPhone5 sold out in the first hour it was available for pre-order on Apple’s website.
You still think the iPhone5 was a dissapointment? Maybe, then its time you switched to a BlackBerry.